- the organisation of 3 regional workshops bringing together the managers of protected areas
- the production of 4 participatory thematic overviews on how best to support local development in isolated areas in terms of
- ecotourism development,
- participatory science for the sustainable management of natural resources in the Amazonian environment,
- control strategies against the threats from illegal gold mining,
- transmission of traditional knowledge and cultural heritage including a special focus on ABS approach.
These are expected as technical tools addressing the specific needs of protected areas in the region.
A brainstorming session was organised on the second day of RENFORESAP’s launch to see how the project can address these 4 thematic areas. The guidelines of the working sessions were as follows :
- What are the expectations/ questions for each thematic ?
- Who are the key stakeholders to be involved ?
- How do we get in touch with them ?
- What are the current challenges, opportunities and potentials of each thematic ?